Huron Valley Furniture is a proud authorized dealer of Elran furniture. Elran, which is celebrating 50 years this year, is proudly made in Canada. Elran originally only manufactured the reclining chair, but in 1980 they “became the first company to introduce reclining loveseats and sofas on the market. Today, Elran is a leader in the industry and offers a complete range of reclining chairs, loveseats, sofas and many other options. With over 150 collections of various styles – traditional, transitional and contemporary – available in more than 550 fabrics and leathers.”
Elran furniture features many unique features and benefits, including:
- All the backs of our reclining furniture are removable for better mobility.
- Development of the lock for the removable backs was done in-house specifically for our products.
- 100% new polyester fibre.
- Curled fibre for a better resiliency, so it retains its shape longer (6 ripples per inch).
- Silicone treated to avoid fibres bunching up together.
- Fibre is empty like a straw to allow air to flow through for more abundance.
- No recycled fibre is used because resiliency is not as good.
- Superior construction grade spruce plywood which is dried better and doesn’t warp or crack.
- We combine materials and make choices according to the application to ensure strength and durability of the furniture. The wood pieces systematically interlock during the assembly process which creates a strong, reinforced structure.
- In the areas of the frame that need to withstand more pressure, we use TimberStrand®. It’s an engineered wood currently used to make “H” beams in houses because of its strength. Doesn’t change with variations in humidity and temperature.
- Our frames have a “L” shaped piece that joints the back of the arm to the seat. This piece stops the pivot point on that joint and reinforces the frame.
- Direct drive action.
- Equal weight distribution, because both sides of the mechanism work simultaneously.
- The other advantage of the external handle is the assistance to close the footrest.
- External versus internal handle = only a question of design.
- Introduction of a new internal handle: Easier to use and more resistant.
- Leggett & Platt is the world leader in this 6 billion $ industry. Elran works in co-development with them.
- Exclusivity on the design of the mechanism.
- The constant evolution of the design of the mechanism to enhance performance, fluidity and function.
- Manufactured in the United States, we invest a little more money to get a thicker grade of metal, therefore a better quality and durability for our mechanism.
- The usage of self-tapping screws reduces the risk of loose connections because they actually bite into the metal.
- Adjustable legs on rocking chairs.
- Swivel bases available on most rocking chairs.
- High quality foam (Density = 2.05 lb/ft3). The competition uses foams that vary from 1.5 to 1.9 lb/ft3.
- The compression of the foam is the equivalent of flexibility and comfort (33-38 lb/in2) average 36 lb/in2.
- Our foam is pre-crushed which allows it to have better comfort upon reception of the furniture.
- We use high quality No Sag springs with a metal rod linking all of them for better weight distribution.
- Felt is installed between the springs and the foam to lengthen their life expectancy.
- Swivel base available on most of our rocker recliners at a minimal cost.
- Easy to install.
- The swivel base allows the chair to rotate 360 degrees or 160 degrees for our motorized recliners.
Pictures don’t do Elran justice. Stop by Huron Valley Furniture today to see, and feel, Elran’s quality for yourself! Elran’s chairs, loveseats, sofas, sectionals, and home theatre seating come with many design options. Let our design consultant, Michelle Olak, help you pick out the perfect Elran furniture for your home.
Huron Valley Furniture, 319 North Main Street, Milford, MI 48381
NEW Store Hours:
- Monday 9am – 8pm
- Tuesday 9am – 6pm
- Wednesday 9am – 8pm
- Thursday 9am – 6pm
- Friday 9am – 8pm
- Saturday 9am – 5pm
- Sunday 12pm-4pm
All information about Elran from Elran.com